Bacon and Eggs on a Rampage - a new title for a reworked painting!
I tried really hard not to name this "Bacon and Eggs On a Rampage," but my sense of the ridiculous just won't let me get away with ignoring the impulse. It looks like the attack of the killer bacon and egg plant.
Copyright Joan A Hamilton - April 2012
What I did to change the painting to the one above.
- I zoomed in a bit, cropped it.
- Then I added some depth and interest to the top left corner.
- I darkened all the shadows in the greens and the yellow of the flower/slipper.
- I used a digital watercolour Pure Water Brush with the Resat ON (at even 5 % is enough) in the Well Control.
- I blended with my custom DWC WIW Blender.
- To erase some of the colour in in spots in the top left corner I used a Tiny Eraser Salt with the Jitter on slightly.
- And I also used a Wet Splat Remove to generally take colour off in this area.
- Then I applied some Wet WC Glazes and washes.
- Tweaked the brightness /contrast and dye concentration.
- Dropped all layers to Canvas,
- Lifted to Watercolour layer
- Wet Entire WC Layer with my custom Wet WC Light
This is what the first version was called: Yellow Lady Slippers
Yellow Lady Slippers Copyright Joan A Hamilton
Which one do you like better? Why?
please feel free to use the comment section below